About Our Clothing
We ensure that all our clothing is up to the highest standard of quality, whether its our Pro Racing kit or our 'lower down the line' Essential kit. We categorise our clothing into three types:
- PRR - Our 'Pro Racing Research' line is the elite apparel collection of Vermarc. PRR is the research applied for the development of cycling outfits for professionals. PRR light weighted carbon fibre frabric contour perfectly to the body, forming a 'second skin' that makes every movement natural and comfortable.
- SPL - Sportline is designed to give a slight compression effect to provide a tight fit that moves with your body while performing. SPL high quality fabrics and patterns are cut ergonomically to perfectly clone the shape and movements of a cyclist in the riding position.
- ESL - Our Essential Line shows off our unique level of comfort and value. ESL fabrics and fit are optimised to meet the technical demands of cyclists of all abilities, accomodating the widest variety of riders. ESL garments provide exceptional value by pairing quality materials with essential features and comfort.
Functional Features: Throughout our products You may notice 'tech specs'. Here's what they all mean:
- Aerodynamic/Racing Fit: Cycling garments designed with an aerodynamic slim fit forming a second skin that makes every movement natural and comfortable
- Slim/Tight Fit: Cycling garments designed with a slight compressioneffect to provide a tight fit that moves with your body while performing.
- Regular/Comfort Fit: Cycling garments designed to offer maxmimum comfort accomodating the widest variety of cyclists.
- Flatlock Stitching: The use of flat stitches avoid friction and irritation to the skin.
- Lightweight: Super light weight fabrics contour perfectly to your body and guarantee racing performance and a perfect ergonomic fit
- Breathable: Advanced fibres and fabric construction block cold air and moisture from coming in while still keeping a high level of breathability.
- Silicone Strip: Silicone strips are used in the hem to prevent the jersey from riding up.
- Warm: Fabrics with a unique construction which evaporates moisture caused by perspiration ensuring a dry and warm feeling.
- Heat Retention: Fabrics with a polar fleece inner for that extra warm feeling containing a unique combination of wind and waterproof membrane which is ideal for heat retention.
- Extreme Weather: The Garments are made of a high quality technological fibres with advanced treatments for active protection against extreme rain, wind and cold conditions.
- Visibility: The garments have reflective logos, strips or are available in a fluorescent colour to increase safety when riding.
- Windproof: 2 layer fabric with hydropholic membrane that ensures resistance to wind and light rain while maintaining a high level of breathability.
- Waterproof: Innovative microfibre fabric that ensures high performance and completely waterproof base layer fabrics even under extreme conditions of use.
- Water Repellent: The garments offer a light protection against ligth rain conditions.
- Antibacterial: The use of fabrics with carbon fibre prevents the body from absorbing static energy and UV rays. The structure of the fabric accelerates evaporation of moisture which keeps the skin dry and cool.
- Windtunnel Tested: The clothing is tested in cycling specific wind tunnels which simulat various fluids across the structure of the fabric and the shape of the garment. The knowledge gained from this allows us to improve and innovate to optimise aerodynamic performance which allow our riders to be quicker than ever.
- Compression: The use of high performance fabrics with gradient compression levels provides the right level of surface pressure on specific muscle groups. This technology provides improved comfort, enhancing the blood circulation and getting more vital oxygen round the body to help reduce lactic acid build up.
Long Distance / Long Distance D Women / Long Distance Kids.
The Long Distance shammy (LD Pad) is the newest and most advanced product in the Vermarc artillery. It's been specifically designed for Vermarc's top of the line bibs and shorts. The outermost layer of the LD pad utilises a special Nylon microfibre that incorporates Aloe Vera. The Aloe Vera component is not just a treatment... It's permanantly incorporated into the material during the manufacturing process, so that the benefits won't just fade away with one wash. The integrated Aloe Vera cools, protects and even heals the skin while the rider is in the saddle. In addition, Aloe Vera is a natural defence against bacteria. Below this outermost layer is a thick expanded memory foam with a waffled texture. The divots create the texture aid in ventilation and perspiration management so that the pad does not reatain moisture, but pushes it outside of the clothing where it can evaporate quickly.
Underneath the upper layers is a section of padding. This highly ventilated padding is cut to a unique smaller shape that protects and supports the rider at crucial contact points against the saddle. The shape of this bottom most layer is designed to comfortably contour to the riders anatomy and provide protection where it's needed most. The Long-Distance insert is elastic which stretches and conforms to all movemens on the bike, then returns to its original shape after excersise. The advanced technology and attention to detail make the 'Long Distance Pad' ideal for demanding athletes who always require maximum quality.
The kids shammy is the first and only pad on the market today that takes advantage of Aloe Vera.
The Elite pad is our most padding. The central part of the insert incorporates a special foam gel to enhance protection and absorb the road vibrations that can be transferred through the saddle as much as possible. Every component has been carefully chosen in order to have a top quality shammy. The cover material, a micro-fibre polyester is bonded to the padding with the new Omni-Form Technology, which is a special moulding process made in high frequency that avoids the high temperaturesof the traditional moulding processes. This unique process results in softer materials. The superior elasticity of the materials used, allows the pad to move together with the body and to always return to its original shape, use after use. OmniForm inserts receive an antibacterial treatment that inhibits the growth of harmful bacteria.
3D & Prism Lady:
The 3D-OF insert is a lightweight one-piece insert without seams. Its polyester micro-fibre cover material is bonded to a layer of padding through the OmniForm high frequency process. The new process eliminates hard edges and stiff areas caused by heat in standard moulding processes. The thickness of the various parts of the shammy has been carefully studied to conform perfectly to the male anatomy. Like all OmniForm inserts, the 3D-OF receives an antibacterial treatment that inhibits the growth of harmful bacteria.
The Prism-OF insert is specially designed for women. The padding is strategically placed throughout the insert to maximise comfort and conforms to the female anatomy.